[yt-dev] Some updates from AAS

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Sun Jan 17 13:58:37 PST 2016

Hi Matt, thanks for sharing.  Both of these are awesome.  For the d3 stuff,
I wonder if hooking something like mpld3 into yt would enable interactive
plots in ApJ.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I wanted to write a quick email about some neat things that I heard
> about at AAS.
>
> The coolest one was that, on the heels of their announcement that
> software papers (of any length) would be welcome in AAS journals, the
> AAS is going to be making it possible for some articles to feature
> updating author lists.  These author lists would be tied in to ADS as
> well.  What this would mean is that future software and instrument
> papers can have authors added to their list, which will be tracked by
> ADS.  I am over the moon about this, as it is by far my most wanted
> feature for software papers.  More information will be coming, and
> this is not ready yet, but Chris Lintott has been pushing this
> forward.
>
> The other one, which is also quite cool, is that interactive figures
> are on their way to AAS journals.  What this precisely means and how
> it will be implemented is still being decided, but Gus Muench has been
> working toward it; he's said that d3 and plotly type plots will be on
> the list of things to include, and of course there as the Vogt paper
> from last year about X3D plots in AAS journals.

Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale