[yt-dev] Issue #1157: AttributeError when building docs with python 3 (yt_analysis/yt)

Miguel de Val-Borro issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Jan 5 15:24:30 PST 2016

New issue 1157: AttributeError when building docs with python 3
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1157/attributeerror-when-building-docs-with

Miguel de Val-Borro:

This is the error I get when I build the docs with `make html`:

```
#!python

Exception occurred:
  File "/mnt/home/miguel/project/hydro/yt_analysis/yt/doc/extensions/notebook_sphinxext.py", line 61, in run
    dest_path_eval = string.replace(dest_path, '.ipynb', '_evaluated.ipynb')
AttributeError: module 'string' has no attribute 'replace'
The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-shczw5mf.log, if you want to report the issue to the developers.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error message can be provided next time.
A bug report can be filed in the tracker at <https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues>. Thanks!
Makefile:50: recipe for target 'html' failed

```