[yt-dev] GSOC projects

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Tue Feb 9 11:04:55 PST 2016

Those all look like great ideas.  Thanks Nathan and Briton.

Just to cause trouble (since I don't have time to mentor anyone most
likely), another thing that has long been discussed is support for
non-periodic BCs.  Maybe that falls under "data formats".

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Britton and I brainstormed a bit on possible GSOC proects. We came up with
> the following google doc that covers five ideas:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A5o5epJD-P8bUJy77XTSLFxIzQuVveHTtidcgvHYk5o/edit
>
> If you're interested in mentoring any of these ideas, please put your name
> down next to the idea as Britton and I have already done. If you have any
> more ideas, go ahead and add them.
>
> Optimally we will have at least two mentors per project, in case one
> mentor needs to bow out.
>
> I will go ahead and flesh out the three most popular ideas and submit them
> to the OpenAstronomy GSOC application by the end of the week.
>
> -Nathan

Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale