[yt-dev] trouble with a frontend

Jonah Miller jonah.maxwell.miller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 01:13:33 PDT 2016

Hi yt-dev,

I'm trying to write a frontend for a patch-based AMR code. (The file
format is more general and experimental.) I'm running into a strange
problem where slice plots come out fine but projection plots come out
looking very strange. I attach a pdf explaining my situation and the
problem I'm encountering.

If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate all the help you can offer.

Thanks very much!

Best,
Jonah Miller

P.S. I have an open pull request (WIP) for my frontend, which you can
find here:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2121/wip-simulationio-frontend/diff

It contains information on the frontend, the file format, and of course,
my code. I have prepared some test cases here:
https://bitbucket.org/Yurlungur/simulationio-yt-tests/overview

And the frontend relies on this code:
https://github.com/eschnett/SimulationIO