[yt-dev] Call for testing: updated install script

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:10:34 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'd appreciate it if people could try running my updated install script on
a variety of platforms. With my changes, the install script sets up a conda
environment by default, but the option to create a bootstrapped from-source
python environment is still implemented. See PR 2009 for details:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2009

You can either grab the raw install_script.sh file from my fork:

$ wget
https://bitbucket.org/ngoldbaum/yt/raw/install-script-updates/doc/install_script.sh

Or pull from my fork and run the "test_install_script.py" that I've added.
The latter will take a while, because it runs the install script six times
with a variety of permutations in options.

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan