[yt-dev] Answer Testing question

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:40:50 PDT 2015

Hi devs,

I have an odd issue that I can’t seem to diagnose. I’m setting up an answer test for two arrays, which are not related to anything in a dataset. I’m doing it using the GenericArrayTest (it’s in the answer testing framework), which compares two NumPy arrays.

Here’s my test—the way you get the arrays is immaterial, all you need to know is the stuff at the bottom where I’m comparing two NumPy arrays:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5976/ <http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5976/>

Here’s the error message I get:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5977/ <http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5977/>

I’ve looked into the answer testing code, but I can’t decipher why this is happening. This is under Python 2.

Best,

John