[yt-dev] Issue #1114: [experimental] opaque sources balanced with render sources (yt_analysis/yt)

Cameron Hummels issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Oct 13 22:04:42 PDT 2015

New issue 1114: [experimental] opaque sources balanced with render sources
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1114/experimental-opaque-sources-balanced-with

Cameron Hummels:

Using opaque sources (e.g. points and lines and grids) with render sources (e.g. gas VR) tends to result in either seeing just one or the other out of the box.  It takes a lot of work to balance the opacity of the different sources, and it is not documented how to do this.  I think we should potentially provide better default opacities associated with these so as to make both points and gas visible in the same rendering out of the box.  I think we should also work on documenting easy ways to change the relative opacity of different sources to highlight one source or the other in the rendering.