[yt-dev] Vertex-centred AMR data?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:57:46 PST 2015

Hi Erik,

I have some ideas about this, but it relies heavily on the notion of
how to regard "vertices" as separate from "cells", or if they should
not be.  In terms of things like visualization, vertex centered data
is not a huge leap in functionality, but in terms of data selection we
need to be careful.  The canonical question is, if you have a region
selector that includes the *center* of a zone, should all of its
vertices be selected?  For instance, imagine you have a region
selector whose corner resides at the center of a (3D) cell.  Does one
select all eight vertices, since the "cell" is nominally selected, or
just the one vertex that is included?  If we can answer that, we can
start the work of implementing.