[yt-dev] Status of a few big PRs

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:18:19 PDT 2015

Hi all,

There are a few big PRs still open.  I wanted to update you on them:

 * VR refactor:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1256/wip-volume-rendering-refactor
.  This is ready for review.

 * Particle octree refactor:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1206/wip-forest-of-octrees
.  This will simply not work in its current form.  I have redesigned
it around nested bitmap indices but not yet pushed to my fork; I'm
hoping to get to it sometime in the next few weeks.

 * Hybrid Rockstar:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1618/wip-hybrid-rockstar
.  Hilary has done some awesome work on this, and I think that it will
work nicely, but parallelism might need some help (according to her
bullet points)

 * Grid visitors: The preliminary PR was accepted, and I am working on
a new set of PRs that will enable this broadly.  This should reduce
memory overhead.

 * OpenGL volume rendering:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1598/opengl-volume-rendering
.  This is blocked on the VR refactor, and once that is in I'll
continue to update this to utilize the new scene objects.