[yt-dev] Feature Request: Create data set format mapper

Joseph Smidt josephsmidt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:41:11 PDT 2015

Not sure if it is better to request features here or on bitbucket so I
am doing both [1].  I am doing some code comparisons between Enzo and
Gadget and it would be nice if I could map an Enzo data set to Gadget
and visa versa. And I am sure it would be nice if YT users could
translate data sets between all codes YT can read.

YT already reads in and transforms these data sets to match YT's
internal structures. It would be a nice feature to be able to map one
data set to another for code comparison purposes using the already
established plumbing.

Thanks.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/1033/create-data-set-format-mapper

Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com>