[yt-dev] Stable release

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:04:40 PDT 2015

Hi Nathan,

This was discussed somewhat at last week's yt team meeting.  It was decided
that we would try to get back to doing the regular releases and that in
between releases Matt would be responsible for keeping stable and dev
synced on bug fixes.  Matt, please speak up if I am in error on this.

As for what to do right now, I think it's a good idea to backport the bug
fixes to stable and do a minor release.  I think we definitely need this.
However, rather than having one person take this on by themselves, I
propose this be done in hangout with a few people present to share the
burden.  If anyone is up for doing this in the near future (say, this
week), please respond.  Or maybe this could be a job for the first PR
review hangout?  What do we think about that?

Finally, as you might have noticed, I have become a big fan of the idea of
taking care of business in group settings via hangouts.  I think it would
be a good idea to try and decrease the large efforts made by a single
person and the text-only communication and increase the face-to-face
communication and working in groups.  Just my two cents, that I realize
I've been quite vocal on in the past hour.

Britton