[yt-dev] 3.1 release?

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:01:22 PST 2015

> On Jan 4, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Cameron Hummels <chummels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've seen a lot of PRs get merged in the last few days.  So I guess we're gearing up for a 3.1 release?  What is the plan for its release?

Whatever plan we had for the release back at the beginning of January has essentially been shelved because we had the issues with the doc builds and a number of bug fixes have come up.

I think we’re in a good position to let things settle out now, but there is the issue of Nathan’s PR:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1381/particle-position-and-velocity-fields-for <https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1381/particle-position-and-velocity-fields-for>

Nathan, previously you mentioned that this was a blocker for 3.1, but I also see in its description that it depends on the WIP PR #1377:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1377/wip-rfc-add-a-convenience-method-to-create/ <https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1377/wip-rfc-add-a-convenience-method-to-create/>

so unless we are prepared to vet both of these and pull them in, I think that we should have a freeze now (or very soon).