[yt-dev] Strange behavior on SlicePlots with Chombo data in yt-3.0

Andrew Myers atmyers2 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:31:03 PDT 2014

Hi Folks,

I'm seeing a strange issue with Chombo data in yt-3.0. This is before any
recent changes I made refactoring the frontend. Attached are two images of
the same slice through the same dataset, one with yt-3.0 and one with
yt-2.6. The image looks fine in yt-2.6, but there are clearly artifacts at
the level boundaries for yt-3.0. What's strange is that, if I loop over all
the grids and dump out the density, I get *exactly* the same answers for
3.0 and 2.6. It's almost like there is some kind of additive blending thing
going on for the 3.0 slice plots, though.

I'm a bit at a loss for where to look for this. Has anyone seen something
like this before?

Thanks,
Andrew