[yt-dev] Question about vorticity and divergence plots

吳佳鴻 r00222055 at ntu.edu.tw
Wed Mar 5 02:21:42 PST 2014

Dear all,

I’m new to YT. I encountered a problem when trying to plot the divergence and vorticity of a velocity field with an octree data structure similar to FLASH.

I put a cylindrically symmetric velocity field into YT. So far I could get Velocity Magnitude Plot correctly and the Velocity vector looks also fine (see the attachment). However, the VorticityMagnitude and DivV plots have a offset toward the top right corner. I was wondering where I did it wrong. Any suggestion will be welcome, and thanks for the help in advance.

Sincerely,

Jia-Hung