[yt-dev] Issue #797: Handling cell_volume in 1D and 2D cartesian (yt_analysis/yt)

John ZuHone issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Mar 4 16:05:32 PST 2014

New issue 797: Handling cell_volume in 1D and 2D cartesian
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/797/handling-cell_volume-in-1d-and-2d

John ZuHone:

`cell_volume` is ill-defined for 1D and 2D cartesian data because it is still given in terms of length**3, even though the unused dimensions are meaningless. What we have done is set the `domain_width` to unity in these cases, but with the unit refactor I think this issue ought to be revisited.

That said, I'm not sure what to do about it.

Responsible: jzuhone