[yt-dev] Non-periodic datasets and ghost zones

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 06:36:12 PDT 2014

I gotcha.  And even though the dataset used in the 2.x docs was
non-periodic, yt assumed it was periodic and all the ghost-zones were
defined.  I see.

To address this, I like the idea of either including an extra layer of
ghost-zone cells around non-periodic datasets, so that fields like
vorticity, shear, etc. *are* defined for these datasets, but at the very
least, if we don't do this, could we have an error message describing that
such a field is not defined for non-periodic datasets?

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory
University of Arizona