[yt-dev] Issue #758: VRs are transposed relative to projections (yt_analysis/yt)

Cameron Hummels issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Jan 3 16:45:03 PST 2014

New issue 758: VRs are transposed relative to projections
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/758/vrs-are-transposed-relative-to-projections

Cameron Hummels:

It appears that at some point the volume rendering interface underwent a transpose relative to the PlotWindow interface.  When I make a simple VR with normal vector (0,0,1), that is, along the z vector, and compare it against a projection along the z vector, I get out two tranposed images.

https://hub.yt-project.org/nb/gsob7g

I know I have used these two different pieces of machinery together in the distant past without problems, so I guess we just got our wires crossed somewhere.

I'm happy to change it in the VR interface, but I'm afraid that the reason it was swapped was for some other piece of interface to be accurate, and so this may break that...