[yt-dev] SciPy this year

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 06:05:30 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to encourage everybody to come to SciPy this year.  I think
we should aim to submit a yt 3.0 talk that is jointly given by a few
of us, and submit that to the main track and not the astro track.
Additionally, there will be a WSSSPE workshop
(http://wssspe.researchcomputing.org.uk/) and sponsored sprints, so it
should be a really amazing week where we can present a lot of good
work, discuss important things like scientific software
sustainability, and spend a couple days working with provided food and
whatnot.

https://conference.scipy.org/scipy2014/

I'm going to send out a draft of a talk abstract about 3.0 in the next
few days; I think it would be quite a valuable thing to try to jointly
deliver the talk, with whoever is around, or to have ambassadors
getting data into yt over the course of the week.

On that sort of related topic, after the intensity of his last couple
months, I'm going to be taking a break from travel, and I'm aiming not
to be traveling anywhere (modulo day trips) between the yt workshop
and SciPy, and then again from SciPy until probably November or so.