[yt-dev] Changing log level from within yt

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:08:01 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have an analysis module that loops over a TimeSeries object. I'd like to temporarily reduce the loglevel so that we don't see all of the stuff from loading each parameter file, and then re-set it when I'm done. I tried this before the loop:

ytcfg["yt", "loglevel"] = "40"

which basically does what I need it to, while still keeping the progress bar around, and then after the loop I tried setting the loglevel back to its previous value. However, this doesn't work. It only seems to work if I set the loglevel before calling yt.mods which calls the analysis module.

Is there a way to temporary suppress logging info?

Best,

John