[yt-dev] Deposited particle velocities

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:16:41 PDT 2014

Backing up, there seems to be issues with creating smoothed covering grids
of any deposited particle field.

Take for example the following script:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5068/

This produces the following traceback:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5069/

To fix the error, I tried making the following modification to yt:
https://bitbucket.org/ngoldbaum/yt/commits/ccc8424f7310070db04f4416b21262504f4a36d3

Unfortunately this doesn't help because the smoothed covering grid's
_fill_fields function never gets called, which means
_initialize_level_state never gets called either.  I'm poking around in the
smoothed covering grid to try to fix this but any help from someone who's
more familiar with this part of the code would be very much appreciated.

-Nathan