[yt-dev] Deposited particle velocities

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:33:55 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to setup deposition fields for particle velocities.  This means
doing a mass-weighted nearest neighbor or cloud-in-cell deposition of the
particle velocities in a grid dataset.  I'm using this to analyze the
stellar velocity dispersions in a simulation, so it's much more convenient
to have the particle velocities interpolated onto a grid to calculate the
local velocity dispersion using a 3D convolution.

Does anyone have an example of setting up a particle deposition field?  If
not, where should I look in the source?

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan