[yt-dev] Issue #881: yt is unable to read outputs created by enzo 2.4 (yt_analysis/yt)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Aug 17 10:32:40 PDT 2014

New issue 881: yt is unable to read outputs created by enzo 2.4
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/881/yt-is-unable-to-read-outputs-created-by

Nathan Goldbaum:

As part of the enzo 2.4 release, I was told to increment the VERSION typedef to 2.4:

https://bitbucket.org/enzo/enzo-dev/commits/d10fc823d618cd9930b0a44fa09f43d30e6f36a8

Unfortunately, this seems to have caused some breakage on the yt side of things.  In particular, the `VersionNumber` parameter written to output files is now 2.4. This causes the data dumps to be incorrectly identified as enzo 3.0 outputs, which causes breakage when yt tries to parse the data dumps for active particle parameters.

I'm not sure how to fix this without also breaking i/o for enzo 3.0.

I've attached a data dump from the MHDCTOrszagTang test.  To reproduce, do `yt stats` on the data dump.