[yt-dev] Next iteration of rockstar development

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 09:46:01 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've added a card for the next steps for Rockstar here:

https://trello.com/c/lqmt2hEz/40-use-yt-fof-rockstar-groups

This essentially reduces yt's interaction with Rockstar to just
calling "groupies" which does not require any communication on
Rockstar's part.  The process is now to use yt to identify FOF nodes
and then filter them with Rockstar.  (In my head, for some reason, I
keep thinking of this as "rocketeer.")  In that card is a pastebin
that includes a working script for doing this with the current state
of the yt repo, although I think there's an off-by-one error, and the
units might be a bit wrong.

Anyway, one nice thing about this is that we can feed in different or
additional "filters" instead of Rockstar into this -- for instance,
Pfister's isoden method.  It also means we can control the domain
decomp a bit more in-depth.