[yt-dev] "Ten Simple Rules for Reproducible Research"

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:54:34 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Titus Brown just posted this to the SWCarpentry discussion list:

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003285

I thought people here may be interested.  And, it occurs to me that in
yt, these rules are things we have attempted to support, but without
codifying them -- and, we could do a better job of supporting them.
In particular, I think rules 5 and 7 are things we could do a better
job of supporting.

As an example:

 * FRBs are difficult to store
 * Underlying slices/projections/etc are difficult to store (the raw
data is not, but the intermediate products are)
 * Profiles are not easily saved

I think over time as we split the viz layer further from the data, and
make the data accessible more easily through the viz, these will be
improved.  But, it's something to think about.  And, the article is a
good read, too!