[yt-dev] Kill logging in the notebook?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 20:34:45 PDT 2013

Seems like killing logging in the notebook entirely is overdoing it.

How about defining a new config parameter NotebookLogLevel which sets the log level in the notebook?  This way a user can straightforwardly set their preference without overwriting the default behavior when using yt from the command line.

I would make the default log level relatively high to avoid excessive logging in the notebook, but I understand that other people use the logging information more than I do so that might not be the best choice.