[yt-dev] Reminder: 2.5.3 and 3.0a2 releases next week

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri May 24 13:30:50 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Just a reminder that next Saturday we're scheduled to put out bugfix
for 2.X, which will be 2.5.3, and a second alpha of yt 3.0.  I'll
probably roll these up either Friday night or the following Monday
morning.  So if you have any changes you'd like to get in, let's aim
to have them PR'd by Wednesday or so, and I think we should freeze
non-critical fixes after that.

2.5.3 will have a number of minor improvements, but I think we'll
probably wait until after it goes out to merge in the Boxlib
consolidation, even if that gets finished.

The 3.0 alpha will include a ton of improvements to Octree stuff, as
well as preliminary particle deposition.  This means Tipsy & Gadget
will have the most basic of support.  RAMSES has had a number of
improvements to its IO and units.  For the third alpha (July 15) I'd
like to target units, the "global mesh" issue, and perhaps SPH
smoothing kernels.