[yt-dev] Proposed: Remove RAMSES and ART from 2.x and force migration to 3.0

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:27:00 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to propose we actually remove the RAMSES and ART (NMSU)
frontends from yt 2.x, since they probably don't work, and certainly
not to the level of support they have in 3.0.  In fact, I'd go so far
as to say that NMSU ART and RAMSES are production quality in 3.0,
unlike in 2.x where they don't quite work properly.

I think we need confirmation from Chris Moody before this can be done,
but does anyone have an objection to this?  I will simply replace them
with stubs that say, please use yt 3.0.