[yt-dev] Issue #602: Clump finding fails for 2D FLASH data (yt_analysis/yt)

John Forbes issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Jul 5 13:12:53 PDT 2013

New issue 602: Clump finding fails for 2D FLASH data
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/602/clump-finding-fails-for-2d-flash-data

John Forbes:

Following a simple clump-finding example in the docs, the latest version of yt is unable to find clumps in a 2D FLASH dataset, returning an error indicating that certain data is unavailable in ghost zones. Here is a small 2D FLASH dataset which may be used for (some) testing (these are initial conditions for an idealized problem, so there aren't actually any clumps) -- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28437182/cloud_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000

In the time since I posted this problem to yt-dev, I found purely by chance that old versions of yt seem to be able to handle this problem just fine, for instance 47d7438c0cde

With the current version of yt, I get the following session:
http://pastebin.com/QmV858U6