[yt-dev] kwargs for SlicePlot and ProjectionPlot?

Andrew Myers atmyers at berkeley.edu
Sun Jan 13 15:45:03 PST 2013

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there are any objections (particularly from Nathan) to
adding an optional **kwargs argument to SlicePlot and ProjectionPlot, so
that we can pass in field parameters like this:

pw = SlicePlot(pf, 2, 'GravitationalForceMag', center=c, width=(1e4, 'au'),
particle_data=pd)

instead of the (very slighty) more clunky:

slice = pf.h.slice(2, c[2], ['GravitationalForceMag'], particle_data=pd)
pw = slice.to_pw('GravitationalForceMag', center=c, width=(1e4, 'au'))

I think it would be nice to able to use the same syntax to generate slices
and projections whether or not a derived field requires extra field
parameters.

Thanks,
Andrew