[yt-dev] [yt_analysis/yt] Callbacks and OffAxisProjectionPlot (issue #486)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat Jan 12 13:41:07 PST 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 486: Callbacks and OffAxisProjectionPlot
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/486/callbacks-and-offaxisprojectionplot

Nathan Goldbaum:

A number of callbacks don't work using OffAxisProjectionPlot.  This is mostly because OffAxisProjectionPlot is a bit of a hack, as it wraps the volume render and camera by creating a dummy data object that doesn't inherit from AMRData.  In principle we should be able to get the callbacks working either by substituting alternate forms that work for off-axis data, generalizing the callback to accept both axis-aligned and off-axis data, and disabling callbacks that don't make sense for off axis data.  We'll also have to think about how to do this in a forward-compatible way (if we want to include OffAxisProjectionPlot in 2.5, we didn't include it in 2.4).

This will probably take a bit of effort to finish.  I think a good first step would be to figure out which callbacks are broken and then disable them or raise a more useful error.  Once this is done, we can mark this issue as an enhancement rather than a bug.

following the issue.