[yt-dev] Packaging.

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Aug 29 14:45:42 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have less of a skin in this than I used to, but I'd like to raise
the issue of Windows & package managers. For example, Anaconda is
available for Windows - would that mean that yt might "just work" on
Windows? Or the opposite, and it would require a great deal of effort
to get all the various things we expect to be .so's to work as .dll's
(such as the Cython helpers or halo-finding stuff)?

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I think it's worth
thinking about.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us