[yt-dev] push_with_ids

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Sat Apr 13 07:40:06 PDT 2013

Hi Matt,

> communication_system.push_with_ids(ranks)
>
> Can either of you think why this might be a problem?  I thought
> MVAPICH supported everything we use, but if this is dying, that  could
> be an issue.  Sam, if she's using the Enzo with the refactored
> communicator, could that be an issue here?  Any ideas?

I can't say I've ever run into any problems with communicator groups
with MVAPICH. A cursory search tells me that MVAPICH is supposed to
support that kind of thing. Have you tried doing what push_with_ids
does in a small isolated script?

> ...all the more reason for an isolated, over-the-wire interface library...

... I don't follow, something that doesn't use MPI?

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/