[yt-dev] push_with_ids

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 06:44:20 PDT 2013

Hi all (especially Sam and Stephen, who have done a lot of this type
of debugging),

Christine and I sat down in person, and set up some tracers throughout
the code to see where her inline with yt was dying.  It looks like
it's in this call:

communication_system.push_with_ids(ranks)

Can either of you think why this might be a problem?  I thought
MVAPICH supported everything we use, but if this is dying, that  could
be an issue.  Sam, if she's using the Enzo with the refactored
communicator, could that be an issue here?  Any ideas?

...all the more reason for an isolated, over-the-wire interface library...