[yt-dev] yt Strategy Meeting Monday the 22nd

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 07:08:27 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to call a brief, approximately one hour, strategy meeting on
Monday, April 22nd at 3PM Eastern.  This will cover where yt is at,
where we can go, and how things are progressing.  Some of this will be
dedicated to progress updates (from me and others) as well as
soliciting feedback on a number of things.  Many other projects --
notably Cactus -- do these on a fixed schedule, so based on the
success/failure of this one we can consider having them
semi-regularly.

The agenda I would like to cover will include:

 * yt 3.0 status, including near/long term plans for development and
support for non-grid codes
 * Rundown of all YTEPs accepted and outstanding
 * yt's "presence" on the web
 * 3.0 paper

I will also be soliciting feedback in roundtable style on:

 * How are we doing?
 * How is the procedure for code contributions working?
 * How is the yt "infrastructure" meeting people's needs?  (Mailing
lists, Bitbucket, etc)
 * Where are energies being spent that could be better spent elsewhere?

If you have either agenda items or discussion items, please reply to
this email and suggest them.

I think having a large presence at this meeting would be very useful,
so if you are able to make it, please try to do so.  It'll be held as
a google hangout, and I'll send details here when it starts up.  If
there's a pressing need to reschedule, please write in reply to this
email.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you there,

Matt