[yt-dev] ASCL, again

Richard P Wagner rpwagner at sdsc.edu
Sat Nov 10 15:20:09 PST 2012

Hi Matt,

On Nov 10, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Matthew Turk wrote:

> This is interesting.  I did not notice this before, but ASCL is now
> linked on method papers:
>
> http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2011ApJS..192....9T
>
> Was it always this way?

I think they've just done some kind of update or push to improve linking and citations. Below is an email I received about ZEUS-MP/2. When I checked out the site, I saw that YT and Enzo were listed. It's probably worth it for the owners of various codes to keep the entries updated.

--Rick

Dear Dr. Wagner,

I came across ZEUS-MP/2 some time ago while looking for astrophysics codes. I have listed this code in the Astrophysics Source Code Library (ASCL), which is housed on the discussion forum for Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) here: http://asterisk.apod.com/viewforum.php?f=35

The entry for the code is here: http://asterisk.apod.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22897
It can also be accessed with this URL: ascl.net/1102.028

If any of the information in the listing is incorrect, please let me know; thank you. The ASCL is indexed by ADS.

You are welcome to post notices regarding changes to or additional information about the code on the thread devoted to it. You don't have to be registered at Asterisk to do so, but if you do register, you can subscribe to the thread and be automatically notified via email of any new posts on the thread.

The ASCL seeks to increase the transparency of astrophysics research by making codes discoverable for examination and I am always looking for codes which have been used in refereed research. If you have additional codes that have been used for research, I would like very much to include them in the ASCL. The information needed is the name of code, name(s) of authors, description or abstract, link to download site, link to one refereed paper about the code or research which used the code, or a link to this information. Alternately, you are welcome (indeed, enthusiastically encouraged!) to add codes; instructions for doing so are here: http://asterisk.apod.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22980#p143524.

Thank you very much!

Clear skies,

Alice Allen
Editor: ASCL