[yt-dev] missing objects using parallel_objects()

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:31:36 PDT 2012

Hi,

Originally I was outputting something like 17 or 18 columns of attributes
of my ellipsoids associated with the haloes, but I've ripped them out to
the bare essential of just out putting the mass of halo and a "0" for
attribute to narrow down the problem.  So in this script I did nothing with
the ellipsoids.

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2250/

For each halo, the output should have for the first column the halo DM
particle mass, the second column a zero.

The output when using
for halo in haloes:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2251/

The output when using
for sto, halo in parallel_objects(haloes, num_procs, storage = my_storage):
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2252/

The original halo list from parallelHOP:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2253/

So there's agreement of the number of haloes with the "for halo in haloes"
method and disagreement with the parallel_objects() method.

From
G.S.

in the DD0273_z5.00_halo_list.out file I have 24 lines, first two