[yt-dev] missing objects using parallel_objects()

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Fri Mar 23 08:24:50 PDT 2012

Hi Geoffrey,

>> haloes = LoadHaloes(pf, HaloListname)
>>
>> for sto, halo in parallel_objects(haloes, num_procs, storage = my_storage):

Can you paste the whole script? Thanks.

> Stephen might be able to shed some light on this, but I think
> LoadHalos will pre-assign processors to the halo objects, whereas
> parallel_objects will operate independently of that, distributing
> halos first come, first server.

In fact, LoadHaloes should not work that way. Each task should have a
full copy of the halos data, but initially only the data in the
HopAnalysis.out file, of course, the particles are loaded on demand.

I've been using something like what Geoffrey's trying to do for a
while with no issue. I'm hoping maybe there's something in Geoffrey's
script... but I've been wrong before.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us