[yt-dev] Photon fields

Eric Hallman hallman13 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:59:30 PDT 2012

John,
  so what you've done so far is part of the very tedious aspects of this I
was procrastinating to avoid.  So I am psyched you have already done a
bunch of that.  I'd love to try out what you have so far on some
simulations, but that can wait for the moment.

I tentatively will agree to do the rewrite of Unit 3 into python, since I
at the very least understand what the convolution entails. Maybe I spaced
this in the prior emails, but I presume you're intending to reproduce unit
2 using yt functionality?  Then we bypass the Unit 2 parts of the code
entirely, and frankly I'm sure yt's projection architecture works better
than theirs ;)

Unit 3 presumably works from projection data, I am forgetting whether it
does the spatial response of the telescope or just the spectral response?
 In any case, I think that could be grafted on to the pipeline in some
intelligent way.  Let's talk about this off line pretty soon and see what
we can come up with.

cheers,

Eric