[yt-dev] light cone problems
s at skory.us
Fri Jun 15 09:00:06 PDT 2012
I have been messing around with the example light cone generator
example for halos:
and I have come across a few issues. My guess is that the various
things the light cone uses (the halo profiler, FRB) have changed
underneath the light cone. I think I've got it working with some
changes, but at least one is not a good permanent solution, and I'd
like Britton eyes on this since I don't really understand all the
details of the LC and I'm not sure that these changes are good.
1. In the example above, the "add_redshift_label" keyword to
"project_light_cone()" doesn't appear to exist any more.
2. I've made these changes to the yt source to get things to work:
a. The changes to halo_mask.py are hacks. It appears that the halo
profiler now adds the overdensity factor to "RadiusMpc" and
"TotalMassMsun" (e.g. "RadiusMpc_200"). It seems to me that the
correct way to fix this is to pass the halo profiler kwargs down to
the _make_slice_halo_list() function where these lines appear so the
overdensity factor can be included in these strings. What do you
b. In light_cone.py I've changed the default of set_parameters to an
empty dict, which dict.update() accepts to perform no action, when
None makes it croak.
c. frb.field_data doesn't appear to work.
s at skory.us
510.621.3687 (google voice)
More information about the yt-dev