[yt-dev] Why do halo objects need their particles?

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Jul 12 11:40:03 PDT 2012

Hi Chris & Matt,

> Thoughts?  Stephen, what do you think?

This is an interesting way to go, I think it has potential to be a
useful replacement. This is kind of like taking the way two point
functions works and apply it to halos. There are some details on how
this might work that we would need to explore. For example, although
we wouldn't need halos to be 'claimed' by processors, we would need to
think about how to parallelize these halo analysis functions when halo
data is on more than one processor.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us