[yt-dev] streamlines, magnetic field loops, and such

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 08:07:14 PST 2012

Hi Jeff,

As far as I know there has been no progress on integrating streamlines into
the volume renderer. The real trick will be how to incorporate objects
other than gridded data into the rendering.  I have a few thoughts on this,
but not any complete solutions.

I was just looking around, seems that the paper you linked to actually has
a rendering method paper to go along with it:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6183588&tag=1

My gut tells me that this is going to be tough to integrate into our
existing VR system, and that perhaps we should think about a exporting data
to an external rendering system, but who knows.  Anyways, if you want to
chat about this sometime I'd be game.

Sam