[yt-dev] rockstar halo finder

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:23:31 PDT 2012

Sorry, Stephen, this looks like it might be a tricky business with
your environment; what you described works for me, or has in the past.
 I'd recommend you use the tools at your disposal -- "otool -L", ldd,
etc etc, as well as (if you're on OSX) using DYLD_DEBUG or (linux)
LD_DEBUG to figure out why it's not finding the library.  Check it
against the Cython-generated rockstar wrapper .so files.

Rockstar support is still somewhat in beta, and so shaking it out like
this is probably going to be necessary.  If we can record your
struggles with getting it running, and then figure out the best way to
use it, that will be very valuable moving forward.

-Matt