[yt-dev] yt for lagrangian hydro

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:09:15 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm a bit confused about exactly what you mean about your mesh, but I'm
guessing it's just a language barrier between our fields.  Let's start with
the cartesian 3D case.

1.  By "logically rectangular", do you mean that each computational element
has 6 neighbors that share a face, but the element itself can have a
deformed shape?

2.  Does reduced/enhanced connectivity zones mean one element can share a
face with, say, 4 elements?  This would make it behave a bit like and
adaptive mesh refinement setup, which shouldn't be too bad.

If the shapes of the elements change, I think it might be a little bit
tricky, but if they are all geometrically rectangular then it would be
easier.

Another big determinant of how easy this will be to implement is what the
data format looks like.  Is there a method paper or other reference that
explains a bit more of the code/data structure?

Thanks,
Sam