[Yt-dev] Screencasts

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:39:54 PDT 2011

Hi Cameron,

I love the screencasts -- I just made one about getting started
developing, record on my Linux machine using gtk-recordmydesktop, with
some editing in PiTiVi, which comes with Ubuntu.  I added a title card
to the front, which I think anybody can do with PiTiVi or iMovie.  (If
you want to do this, the title card I made is here:
http://yt-project.org/files/title_card.png ; you can resize the image
and center the current contents it to match whatever size movie you
record.)

Should we upload to both Vimeo and YouTube?  YouTube has a nice video
editor now, and it also has integration with various nice things.  I
like Vimeo on the whole more, but YouTube is a bit more everywhere.
What are your thoughts?

-Matt