[Yt-dev] Screencasts

Cameron Hummels chummels at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Sep 6 15:37:29 PDT 2011

Hey peeps,

     So it turns out that a bunch of people have viewed the "how to use
reason" screencast that we put out last week.  It seems like screencasts
may be a good way of introducing certain concepts in the yt universe,
because it really shows our audience exactly *how* to get certain
functionality to work (along with a rewind button!).  With that in mind,
I wanted to see if anyone else wanted to create a screencast on some
topic in yt.  I tried to create a "How to" on making a yt screencast on
the following page to help you out if you decide to make one.
Furthermore, Matt and I outlined several possibilities for topics on the
following page:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/wiki/Screencasts

     Topics include getting up and running, parallelization in yt, halo
finding/usage, volume rendering, time-series/movie-making, defining your
own field, etc.  If you'd like to make one, feel free to volunteer and
put your name next to one of the topics on the wiki (it should be
editable by all), then just post one when you get a chance.  We can put
it in our blog and update the site with news of it.  This may be a good
way to supplement the documentation.  Let me know if you have any comments!

Cameron