[Yt-dev] possible halo mass function bug

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:16:42 PDT 2011

I was running an old script to refresh my memory of how the halo mass
function is used in YT, and it just siphoned all the memory out of my laptop
on a tiny dataset.

As I recalled I was able to test the halo mass function extensively on my
laptop with this 64 cube unigrid run.  Thinking memory is the issue (mine or
my laptop's), I then tried to run the script on triton with the TCC node, it
still hangs and runs out of memory, I then tried the PDAF node and got the
same results even after updating to the latest dev (22ac529a1dab (yt) tip).

link to the script:
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1815/

Or is there something obviously wrong with the script?

From
G.S.