[Yt-dev] Workshop IRC Meeting Summary

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:56:32 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Today we had a meeting in IRC to discuss a potential 2012 yt workshop.
 I think it was very successful, and rather than having long,
high-turnover discussions over email it seems like IRC would be a
better venue.  I've summarized the important points below, and the
full logs can be found online at:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/1807/

The important points:

1) The FLASH center has *very* graciously offered to host us in
Chicago, thanks to John ZuHone's efforts.
2) We are currently exploring the following dates, in order: Jan
23-26, Jan 31-Feb 3, or Feb 6-Feb 9.  JohnZ will be looking into
availability of hotel blocks.
3) A draft agenda has been posted here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gNGifqqLnu3x4DYVzM-EpYjriqIWraV-ZJHdwtbH7p0/edit?hl=en_US

which is available for commenting.  Please leave comments if you have
them, using the 'commenting' feature.

4) If anyone has any ideas about potential funding sources, please
contact Stephen Skory or me.
5) We'll have presentations from some local (UC/FLASH/ANL) HPC experts as well.

The current action items:

1) Figure out hotel situation with candidate dates (JZ)
2) Continue iterating on agenda (Britton, everyone else)
3) Investigate funding (SS, anyone else that has leads)

Please feel encouraged to reply to this list with any thoughts you
have.  As new items develop we'll continue updating this list, and
hopefully we will be able to begin advertising it and shoring up
participants/support soon.

Best wishes, and thanks to everyone who participated!  This workshop
should be fun, and I'm really excited about the energy I was getting
in the chat room -- about topics, development, learning, sharing code,
everything.