[Yt-dev] Meeting for yt Workshop Discussion

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:11:22 PDT 2011

Hi all,

There are a number of exciting things to share and discuss about the
possibility of having a yt workshop in early 2012.  The discussion
here and on yt-users has been fast and furious.  To avoid that
high-throughput for discussing several items that need to be discussed
with some rapidity, Britton and I would like to call an IRC meeting.
If you are interested in participating in organizing (and we hope that
we can count on participation from everyone who has participated in
the discussion thus far) please help us pick a time by filling out
this doodle *by the end of the day Saturday*.

http://www.doodle.com/frwnhzis5na8g5xi

One of us will announce by Sunday morning through this medium when it
will occur.  The meeting will be held in #yt on irc.freenode.org.  You
can access this either through web-chat:

http://yt-project.org/irc.html

or through your IRC/IM client.  We will keep a log of the discussion,
which one of us will post to this list when concluded.  The following
items will be discussed:

 * Venue (and there is some exciting news on that front!)
 * Dates
 * Overall structure
 * Agenda (curriculum?)
 * Reaching out to other interested parties
 * Other items

Thanks very much,

Matt