[Yt-dev] pHOP in YT question

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Fri Oct 28 11:48:31 PDT 2011

Geoffrey,

> I was under the impression from our previous talk that there's a lowest
> number threshold that pHOP requires to form a halo, I thought the number was
> 10 particles at least.  Am I just remembering things wrong?  It has been a
> couple of years...

My memory is a bit faded, too, but I think I remember the story.
Regular HOP does restrict halos to some particle count, but I think
that was turned off in pHOP in favor of letting the user filter the
answers on their own. In this sense, I think you've come to a
satisfactory fix. Do you agree?

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us