[Yt-dev] Density Column calculation

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Mon Oct 10 12:28:28 PDT 2011

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, I think I wasn't explaining myself very well. Recognizing
my failure to communicate, I decided to try a bit harder and I think
I've got it sort of working. In this transcript below, I find the
column density for 'Ones' and for 'NumberDensity'. I plot slices of
'ColumnDensityOnes', 'ColumnDensityNumberDensity', and
'NumberDensity':

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1864/

Slice of 'Ones' image

http://screencast.com/t/gUc7srrC

Slice of 'ColumnDensityNumberDensity'

http://screencast.com/t/cm0Jmr1Ue3

And the slice of 'NumberDensity' which appears to more or less
correspond to the Column Density above:

http://screencast.com/t/4CtmfJnW

However, if I try to project a 'ColumnDensity' field, I get this
error, so this method is still not entirely kosher.

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1865/

Finally, for your viewing pleasure, here's ColumnDensity.py:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1866/

If you want to wait until I'm in NYC to talk about this, that's fine.
I just kinda wanted to show this off because even already it's kind of
cool ;)

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us